This litte house in the woods on Calihan was built by Theo and Jean Gunhild Larson. They moved to Bemidji in 1938 and built this home in 1941. Doran Plumbing installed plumbing in the summer of 1947.
What apparently was an attempt to set fire to a house at 2511 Calihan avenue was reported to Bemidji police. Mr. and Mrs. Theodore Larson returned home to find a gallon jug of fuel oil had been poured over the screen door, porch and steps and that burnt matches and paper had been scattered around. (April 26, 1956)
Theodore Larson died Jan 31, 1964. Mrs. Larson posted an In Memoriam ad in the Bemidji Pioneer every year on the anniversary of his death. Mrs. Larson died in 1973. They had no children and the home was put up for sale as part of her estate. Her brother Ole Hegland of Fosston handled the estate. The house was vacant in 1974.
Michael W. King (1978)
Thomas P. Brune, owner (1989)
Lori Winger (1997)
Last sold in 2009.