This property originally belonged to C. F. Ruggles, who owed back taxes on it for 1908. Whether a house was ever built on it or not is vague. The lot seems to have remained empty for decades.
In the spring of 1967 R. M. Baumgartner requested permission to move a building from 413 Bemidji Avenue to 813 Irvine Avenue. The city council recommended approval and it was approved by the Planning Commission.
In the fall of 1967 Jay and Jane Johnson moved from LaCrosse, Wisconsin to Bemidji. He was the industrial arts teacher at the college. Mrs. Johnson reported the theft of a new red Sears tricycle from their yard in 1968. On April 30, 1970, someone stole a vinyl covered nylon pickup box cover from the home. Theft of a 20” Huffy bicycle from the yard in August 1972. A $150 outboard motor, belonging to Jay Johnson, was stolen from the property in 1976.
Mrs. Johnson was a nurse for Planned Parenthood in 1978. Jay Johnson became an assistant professor at BSU in the 1980s. They moved before 1982.
By 1989, it had been divided into apartments. The house was last sold in 2015. Currently a Tri-plex, with two apartments on main floor and one apartment upstairs.