2317 Calihan Avenue

This home was owned from the time of its construction 1950 to 2006 by Fran and Laura Saeger, where they raised three children: Robert, Carol and Janet.

Francis and Laura (Loewen) Saeger moved to Bemidji in 1948 after purchasing the Gamble Store in order to merge it into Lindrud’s. Later, they added The Style Center next door in downtown Bemidji. They were an integral part of the local business community. In 1978, Laura and Fran began spending their winters in Scottsdale, AZ. In 1989, they sold the stores and retired from the retail business world, splitting their time between Bemidji and Scottsdale. In 2006, after 58 years in Bemidji, they sold their home and permanently moved to their home in Scottsdale, close to their children. They traveled extensively, both in North America by car and overseas to Japan, China, the Philippines, and Europe.

In Bemidji, they were actively involved with the First Lutheran Church. Laura initiated a cherub children’s choir, was president of the women’s organization, sang choir, and enjoyed quilting and circle bible studies. She was a member of the Lioness Club and Bemidji Town & Country Club, and a den mother for Boy Scouts. Francis was a member of the Lions Club, Chamber of Commerce, Town & Country Golf Club, Old Car Club, and co-founder of the Koffee Klutch. He enjoyed sports; he scored three holes-in-one in golf and attended many baseball, football and basketball games throughout Minnesota and Arizona. He was an ardent fan of the Twins, Vikings and Suns.